Welcome

Over the last several years I've been dealing with various stages of disability thanks to ALS. My goal is to share solutions and review various products/tools/devices that I have found particularly helpful.

Thursday 29 November 2012

My Springpad…


Some of you may have noticed that under the "things I'm following" widget I have linked to spring pad. I just like to take a moment to point out some of spring tides usefulness, it's a very good and easy way to publicly share links that are of interest to you. It's kind of a public bookmarking system. He keeps things much more nicely organized than sharing on other social media sites like Facebook.

For the purposes of this blog you'll find a number of notebooks where, I would like to take just a moment to point out two in particular.

The first is a recipe notebook. Here I'm going to post links to recipes that are very easy to have pre–prepared and dump into a slow cooker or some other very easy method of preparation and cleanup.

In my case, I try to help out around the house still by making sure meals are as ready as I can make them for when the wife gets home. I do this I getting some help from social services once every two weeks to help me prepare meals. One thing that I have found incredibly useful to do is have the social worker prepare all the ingredients before hand, dump them in a big Tupperware and then when it comes day to cook I simply have to dump everything in a slow cooker.

This way the wife comes home to a fresh, hot meal that has very little cleanup for her to worry about. Believe it or not, this might not seem like much but even with my disabilities this amount of help from my wife removes a huge burden from her.

The second notebook is one that came about through a little bit of frustration and trying to get some items to work properly for me. So in the spirit of the life hacker website, I've created a notebook which has various hacks to devices and things around the house that make my life much easier.

Right now there's not much in the second notebook, just a hack on how to modify the Griffin Beacon to run on AC power. Be writing more about this in another post, but this should be a good idea of the type of links I will be posting.

So be sure to check up on my spring pad from time to time! You'll hopefully find a collection of other useful links ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment