Welcome

Over the last several years I've been dealing with various stages of disability thanks to ALS. My goal is to share solutions and review various products/tools/devices that I have found particularly helpful.

Tuesday 14 May 2013

A Little Hack for Dragon Naturally Speaking


I used Dragon NaturallySpeaking a fair bit… Well, a lot… Okay, to be honest just about every time I'm in front of the freaking computer! For the most part, it works quite well and does when they needed to do. However it does have one nagging irritation for me. By default, you cannot set a default user profile to load when you restart your computer.

As we all know, computers (especially Windows) need the occasional reboot. Not having my Dragon dictation online when the computer boots, well is kind of annoying. Especially because having hands that don't work so well and right clicking often being challenging these days I have to go but futzing with the mouse, right-click the task manager icon and select the user profile I want load.

I found a neat little way to force Dragon to load a specific user profile on reboot. Here's how you do it:

open the Dragon in the start menu under startup
start menu --> Start up --> Dragon NaturallySpeaking Quickstart
right-click and edit the properties
add the following the target (you must delete any existing flags and replace it with this)
/User "<YOUR USERNAME>"

Doing so should tell Dragon to load this profile whenever Windows restarts. Be sure to pay special attention to the placement of the quotation marks.

2 comments:

  1. Great tip. Doing this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.hacknewtool.com/little-dragons-hack-tool-unlimited-coins-cash-energy-new-update/

    ReplyDelete